Sunday 11 August 2013

A to Z Survey from The Perpetual Page- Turner

I take a lot of stuff from TPPT, if you hadn't realised that yet. I should really stop, I know. But I just went on there, and Jamie's got this awesome A to Z book survey thing that I really really wanted to do. Basically, it's 26 questions each starting with a letter from the alphabet, all book related in some way. Here it is:

Author you've read the most books from:

Rachel Caine. The Morganville series just keeps on going... Or maybe J K Rowling.

Best sequel ever: 

The Elite by Kiera Cass. Read it in one sitting, took four hours.

 Currently reading:

Just finished The Theory of Everything, have yet to start something new, but next I'll probably read One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, because I've been meaning to for ages.

Drink of choice while reading:

In winter, hot chocolate or tea. In summer, probably elderflower or lemonade.

 E-Reader or physical book?

Physical book, any day. I did go through a phase of using my kindle all the time, but I don't like giving Amazon money, so I always try not to use it now. It is useful for going on holiday though.

Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school:

This is hard because I'm only 14. So, you know, still in high school. Maybe Jack from Hollow Pike, Oliver from The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, or Q from Paper Towns.

Glad you gave this book a chance:

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. I had this book for ages, but for some reason I never read it. When I finally got around to it, it was SO GOOD.

Hidden gem book:

Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley or Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

Important moment in your reading life:

Discovering John Green. I found The Fault in Our Stars completely by accident, and then I read all his other books. That's what got me into Vlogbrothers, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, etc.

Just finished:

The Theory of Everything by Kari Luna (how cool is her name?).

Kind of books you won't read:

I tend to read quite a lot of genres, although mostly young adult, romance, and classics, but I don't think I will ever read comic books or graphic novels. That's just not really my thing.

Longest book you've read:

Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I think that had around 1011 pages, and the type was really really tiny.

Major book hangover because of:

Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto. I wish I could read her other books, but I'm broke. Although, it is my birthday soon...

Number of bookcases you own:

I have one in my room, which is majorly overflowing, then there's a massive family bookshelf in the corridor which is overflowing even more. Also, my kindle has about 150 books on it (not really a bookcase, but I thought I should mention it).

One book you have read multiple times:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I think I've read it fully about five times, and then I keep jumping around to my favorite parts.

Preferred place to read:

When I'm at school, normally at my desk or in bed. At home, probably on the sofa or at the bottom of the garden, on the sea wall.

Quote that inspires you/ gives you all the feels from a book you've read:

Either "How can a bird that is born for joy sit in a cage and sing?" from My Name Is Mina by David Almond or "So this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." from The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. 

Reading regret:

I went through a massive Twilight phase a couple of years ago, and I definitely regret that. The books are alright, I just hate the whole teen cult thing around them now.

Series you started and need to finish (all books are out in series):

The Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand. I loved the first one, but I have so much I need to read right now, and did I mention I'm broke?

Three of your all- time favorite books:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

Unapologetic fangirl for:

John Green or J K Rowling, because how could you not?

Very excited for this release more than all the others:

Maybe the next book in The Selection series by Kiera Cass, or whatever John Green writes next, even if it's only a shopping list. Does a film count if it's based on a book? If so, then the film of The Fault in Our Stars.

Worst bookish habit:

Starting to read other books in the middle of reading one book, and then not getting back to the first book for ages. I did that with Frankenstein, although it was amazing.

X marks the spot: start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Anne Frank- The Diary of a Young Girl.

Your latest book purchase:

The Theory of Everything by Kari Luna. This has come up a lot in this survey.

ZZZ- snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

The Moon And More by Sarah Dessen. 


So, there's my A to Z book survey, a la Perpetual Page- Turner. I haven't done one of these before, but I really enjoyed it. If anyone else has done one, leave a link in the comments and I'll have a look. Also, any book recommendations?
Love, Freya       

                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment